Friday 21 March 2014

7. Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?


I feel as if I have learned a lot about different technologies and software on the computers and iMacs as I have been using them a lot and it has enabled me to go further with them and learn a lot about what they can do and what i can do with them to make projects and things I want to do as good as possible.

I have become a lot better at researching for what I want to find. As I have had to research a lot over the past few weeks on different magazines and people I feel as if I have improved in my researching skills by being bake to find out exactly what I wanted, which I was then able to use for practical reasons and for influencing the turn out of my magazine. I also learned how to collect and organise my research in which i have found so I can access it easily and read and look back on it easily.

I also learned al out about how the magazine was supposed to be set out. I learned about the F, Z and E plan. before in the first magazine I made 'LCPost' I just put all of the text and pictures in random places which made it look very unorganised and not very realistic. After learning about the different plans and how the magazine has to be layer out in a certain way to be aesthetically pleasing and easy to read i developed my magazine to make it look the best I could and as easy to read as possible but still look professional.

As well a that I learned about how a picture should be taken. I learned about the main lights, the key light, fill light and hair light, to crate a quality picture and different moods in a picture and how they effect the out come of the completed result. Also I have learn how to set up a camera using the focus on it and a tri pod to get the best angle, height and quality for the picture to make it as good as possible. By knowing how to use the camera and how to set it up I was able to get the best shots for my magazine by being bake to get the focus on the subject I want and being able to create different moods/atmospheres and still situations on frames.

I found out that I had to get the right fashion for my magazine and matched what audience I was going for and also the different bands the magazine would consist of. I researched that fashion is almost everything in the magazine for first glance as it shows what all of the magazine is going to look like on the inside so it has to get the right fashion so it all fits in together and it looks presentable to the audience I am going for. 

Everything I researched into the creation of my magazine was essential as all of it would reflect on what my complete magazine would look like and how realistic it would look. My research was so I could make my magazine look as good and realistic as it could possibly be. I wanted it to look realistic so it looked as if it would be sold in a real shop to the public.

1 comment:

  1. This is ok for lighting and mag layout but I think you can be more specific about the things you have learnt about Photoshop. Also what about setting up the camera/taking a shot? What about use of costume/styling? Give more examples of the research you carried out and what you learnt about the importance of carrying out research. Compare this to the research you did for the prelim(none!) etc etc

    ReplyDelete