Friday 21 March 2014

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Skills I have acquired is how to use the three main lights, the key light, fill light and hair light, to crate a quality picture and different moods in a picture and how they effect the out come of the completed result. Also I have learn how to set up a camera using the focus on it and a tri pod to get the best angle, height and quality for the picture to make it as good as possible. I took over 200 photos in total to try and get the best pictures as i could possibly get in the best quality and to try out and look at lots of different types of photos that I could do through the positioning and the lighting to crate different moods and atmospheres for what i was aiming for in my magazine and to fit the contents of the page it is on


To crate my magazine I used an Apple iMac with all of the software on. I used the iMac as it was much quicker and better to use than the other standard computers that we had. As I had never used an iMac before there was a lot for me to learn on how to use one and all of the software on it such as iPhoto, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Adobe Bridge. After some time and by using the iMac quite a lot and lots of different software i became used to the iMac and all it had to offer and i am not comfortable with using one and doing various different things on it.
I also used photoshop and learned how to add pictures and also edit them such as air brushing them, cropping them and cutting them. I also learned how to add text and change colours of the picture and text. By learning this I was able to make my magazine look exactly how I wanted with the best colour scheme as i could get, the best text I could use and I could also touch up the pictures used in my magazine so there is no faults in them and they could look high quality and professional.




To crate my article for my double page spread I used Microsoft Word to assist me. I had used Microsoft Word before so it was quite easy to get to grips with however I had never done it on and iMac before so I had a little learning to do to get used to it but after a short time I was able to use it the best I could.







To record my work, map it all out and keep track of my progress I used the website 'Blogger'. I found it very easy to use as I had used it before for previous work in media. Because of this it was very easy to do my work and make it look how i wanted it to so it was easy to navigate and read.







To present my 25 word pitch i used online software called 'Prezi'. It is used for presentations in a sort of powerpoint format. When Ifirst started using Prezi it was quite confusing as I had never used it before, although after using it for a while and playing around with the different features and what you could do with it I finally got used to it and learned all that it had to offer so I could create the best 25 word pitch presentation I could.

1 comment:

  1. These are all decent, but what about Blogger, prezzi, animoto, flickr, youtube etc etc? Look at the good examples to remind you!

    ReplyDelete