Friday 21 March 2014

5. How did you attract/address your audience?


I looked at the way I could attract my audience that I wanted to attract. By looking at many different magazines I found out that big letters as the mast head at the top of the page would attract the most people as it is very eye catching and easy to read. Also, having a short title helps because it is not much to read straight away so the reader knows what the magazine is straight away just by having a glance at it. I got the idea from NME magazine and Link magazine which both use this method to attract people to read their magazine. I also got the idea off of them as they are both similar genres to my magazine.

The colour scheme of the magazine is very simple of red and black over a white background, with the exception of an orange strip on one side of the magazine. I did the colour scheme like this because I believe that they are uni-sex colours and do not lean towards males or females. It creates a quite professional and posh look but also quite a young look at the same time to make it appeal to my target audience. This look continues on through my double page spread and contents to make it easy to read and also so it looks like the same magazine all the way though.

The pictures included fit the look of the magazine as the look professional but have a bit of a playful and young look as well as some of the pictures are quite serious and others something is happening in them or half and half. A good example of this is the picture in my contents page (top picture) where 'Connor' is closer to the lens and being quite serious and 'Dino' is more playful by pulling a face in the back ground. The pictures were taken themselves in a studio using three different lights, and a Nikon D3200. I picked the clothing myself but telling my models to bring in their best shirts and smart individual clothing so it was bake to be as similar to my target audience as possible and therefore attracting the type of people I wanted.

The contents and features of my magazine would all appeal to my target audience because all of the artists and bands within the magazine are within the music genre I am aiming for so it would appeal to them all as they would most likely like all of the bands within the magazine and they would like to read all about them.

The content of my DPS attracts the audience that i am going for as it reflects a real life situation that the people who are reading the magazine may be involved in because its of the music genre the readers would like so they would like to read more about what happened when they were there. Also it may attract to the people that weren't there as they would like the duo so want to learn about it and also it is quite and exciting story and title of the article which would bring in the audience.

1 comment:

  1. All good but I think you can add more - be more specific about how your style/fashion/models would appeal to your audience. How would the features in your mag appeal? How would the DPS content appeal to them?

    ReplyDelete